About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Sharon and I am addicted to crafting.I have a very understanding husband, three wonderful children, a cat called Jess, a dog called Max, 2 rabbits - Hazel and Dandelion and a fab. job running a craft shop, making wedding stationery, keepsakes and personalised gifts...as well as the numerous workshops, craft clubs and anything else I can fit into a day....I just love it.....hope you like my blog, it shows a little of what we do in the shop and a lot of who I am...please leave a comment as I love to see who has passed by. Thank you very much..xx

Followers

Friday, 28 October 2011

Relax and calm.....relax and calm........

That sums up my week in one!!!!! 

I have made some jewellery boxes, that i am actually really proud of......I have tried to give them a real vintage feel, hope you like them.









These were made with plain wooden boxes. Covered with luxurious card...co-ordinating ribbons, embellishments, handmade roses and leaves and then painted inside to match.

I have also been dabbling with polystyrene garland rounds, these were really fun to make and I really enjoyed making them.






Take a polystyrene round and wrap your choice of ribbon (35mm) around it, secure at the top. Wrap a second colour (25mm) around your garland and then a third. Attach at top and tie a ribbon with one colour and a loop to hang with the other. Punch out your chosen flowers in co-ordinating colours and matching 
leaves and attach to the garland with silicone glue. Stickles was added to the centre of each flower.

I thought as well this week I would try out some new flowers, did you see Kirstys Homemade???? wasnt that paper flower ring the business, well i have attempted to make the flower now need to get the ring base, but i do love these flowers and they are soooooo easy to make....



The white flower was made with just plain copy paper and the patterned card is K & Co. I added a pearl to the centre of each one in a co-ordinating colour. I will definitely be using these a little more in my projects.

My daughter 'Amy' made the card of the year this week. She has been to the shop most of the week and has been practising her flower making and yesterday she made the following card:





I am so proud of her....I think you will agree that she has done a stunning job here....well done Amy, Aunty Alison will be over the moon with her card.

Well thats it for me today folks. I hope that you all have a lovely weekend and I hopefully be back on tomorrow morning as I am going to try and do the Do Crafts weekend blog hop!!!!! 

Big hugs to all.

Sharon

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon, love your Jewellery boxs, they are absolutely gorgeous, love the vintage feel and such beautiful flowers...Amy your card is so pretty, well done...enjoy the weekend.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, your jewellery boxes are beautiful! So pretty!Such a lovely gift idea x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a coincidence - I've been altering boxes this week too, although I think yours are much better than mine (haven't blogged mine yet)!! Your boxes really are beautiful, and so is Amy's card - well done Amy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just love those boxes and a great idea too. Hope your enjoying the do-crafts blog hop x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh what gorgeous boxes :-) Lovely to see Amy enjoying crafting too! Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boxes are gorgeous and I love the garlands, well done.
    Maureen........x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those jewellery boxes are absolutely gorgeous and your daughter is v talented xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it really is much appreciated. Sharon x