About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Sharon and I am addicted to crafting.I have a very understanding husband, three wonderful children, a cat called Jess, a dog called Max, 2 rabbits - Hazel and Dandelion and a fab. job running a craft shop, making wedding stationery, keepsakes and personalised gifts...as well as the numerous workshops, craft clubs and anything else I can fit into a day....I just love it.....hope you like my blog, it shows a little of what we do in the shop and a lot of who I am...please leave a comment as I love to see who has passed by. Thank you very much..xx

Followers

Friday, 25 February 2011

Today' Creation......


Today's task was to make a wedding cake...not of the sponge kind but of the paper kind!!!! here is how, what and why.....

Paper lace, tied wedding cake template. Use card for this project as you need this sturdyness to build up the cake.
When scoring the fold lines make sure that you are exact, it would be ashame to do all that work and have a wonky box. The template comes with full instructions on how to assemble so take the time to read first and then assemble.....Its really not all that difficult.
Once your layers have been put together keep them seperate for the time being as I have covered them again with a lovely silver polka dot paper.
Pink satin ribbon (15mm wide) has been added to the upper edge of each layer and liquid pearls by Ranger add for decoration to the top of each layer.
Once the liquid pearls has dried stick all the layers together with PVA, this will give you a really good bond.
Self adhesive rose heads have been added in a way which makes them look like they are tumbling down the cake. I have also put PVA glue on the back of this to make sure that dont move. The exact same fall of rose heads has been placed on the opposite side of the cake. A beautiful string embellishement has been added to the top with co-ordinating roses.
The whole cake when dried was placed ontop of a piece of silver holographic card for interest.

Tools/materials needed for this project: Paper Lace template (or similar), sissors, craft knife, PVA glue, card, paper to decorate, rose heads, embelishment for top of cake, holographic card, liquid pearls and ribbon.

Project takes about 2 hours to complete

 Intermediate/advanced

1 comment:

  1. you are so talented this cake is gorgeous well done jenniexx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment, it really is much appreciated. Sharon x